Pictured above: Some of the 2017 LiFE Winners at the Award Ceremony (read Media Release: 2017 Winners Announced).
The Annual LiFE Awards recognise excellence in suicide prevention and are presented at the National Suicide Prevention Conference. The LiFE Awards are a prestigious national event that attract nominations from all areas including business, industry, media, community, government – all with an interest in suicide prevention. Nominations are received from all over Australia, and every year we are overwhelmed with the number of quality nominations received showcasing the exciting, innovative and diverse range of programs being undertaken within the field.
Nominees typically range from mainstream programs to local ‘grass roots’ organisations and dedicated individuals. The Awards celebrate the commitment and energy of the nominees and their vital contribution to the reduction of suicide within our communities.
In 2017 Suicide Prevention Australia (SPA) celebrated the 17th Annual LiFE Awards recognising excellence in suicide prevention. View and download PHOTOS of all 2017 Award Winners.
Many congratulations and thanks to the winners listed below:
- The recipient of the LiFEtime Achievement Award is: Michael Dudley
- The recipient of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander category award is: The Suicide Story Aboriginal Advisory Group
- The recipient of the Media Award is: Gus Worland for the Man Up series
- The recipient of the Community Development (Organisation) Award: Macedon Ranges Shire Council (Live4Life program)
- The recipient of the Community Development (Individual) Award is: Wendy French
- The recipient of the Workplace Category is: Danielle Driscoll
- The recipient of the Community Engagement (Organisation) Award is: SPEAK UP Stay ChatTY
- The recipient of the Community Engagement (Individual) Award: Debbie Knight
- The recipient of the Local Hero Award: Kerrie Keepa
- The recipient of the Research Award is: Australian Institute of Suicide Research and Prevention.
Information about the award categories and nomination process can be viewed by clicking here.
Media Contact: Kim Borrowdale email@example.com 0406 149 099