The ‘Lived Experience in the Media’ workshop is an extremely important component of our lived experience training. Sharing your personal experience of suicide through any form of media requires careful consideration and planning.
On completion of this program, you can expect to be able to:
- Articulate with confidence to the media the need for them to adhere to the MindFrame guidelines for safe reporting of suicide
- Explain and use safe and appropriate language when
- Communicate the key messages of your lived experience with
- Understand the potential ramifications of sharing your story with media
- Prepare answers to common questions asked by media when writing about suicide
- Prepare your personal media template