A half or full day suicide awareness and intervention workshop designed collaboratively between Roses in the Ocean and Lifeline Qld. The workshop explores the complexity of suicide, the myths and misconceptions, and practical guidelines for engaging in the necessary difficult conversations. The concept of self care is covered in detail, as are the practical steps to take when supporting someone in crises while professional help is sought.
On completion of this program, you can expect to have:
- Attained a deeper understanding and appreciation of suicide.
- Increased confidence and capacity to engage with people in crises.
- Improved confidence to connect a person at risk of suicide with support.
- An appreciation of the importance of self care.
- An increased overall suicide literacy for use in the workplace and in personal life.
- Debunked commonly held suicide myths with facts and lived experience.
- Increased awareness of warning signs and invitations for help.
- Greater understanding of micro-skills and how to apply them.