A two-day workshop designed to develop specific skills for impactful engagement in suicide prevention activities. Gain clarity of your lived experience insights, prepare to step into lived experience representative or advisory roles, and experience how to bring your perspectives and those of others to a consultation process. It provides a framework to explore your lived experience and how it can be combined with other skills for the greatest influence and meaning.
- Identify the key insights and messages within your lived experience story others can benefit from.
- Understand what it means to be a LE representative, practical steps to influencing and what it means to collectively advocate.
- Appreciate the wide range of lived experience perspectives and the wisdom they offer to expand your own view.
- Dispel common myths and misconceptions about suicide through lived experience perspectives and facts.
- Understand how your communication and working style can be best utilised in various suicide prevention forums.
- Discover the role of lived experience in casting a critical lens over suicide messaging, imagery and written communications.
- Understand the importance of shared expectations and collaboration, and how to manage conflict.
- Implement your self care plan and activate your support networks as required.
- Participate actively as a member of the Roses in the Ocean Lived Experience Collective.