Voting on the election of directors is only open to organisational members of Suicide Prevention Australia as per Clause 2.1(b) of our Constitution.
Up to five directors are elected by vote of organisational members, and up to eight other directors are appointed as independent directors by the Suicide Prevention Australia Board. Each director must be a member or representative of a member. In general, directors are elected for a three-year term with an overall maximum term of nine years.
2022 director elections
There is ONE upcoming vacancy on the Board of Directors for Suicide Prevention Australia.
A notice to all members seeking nominations was issued on 25 July 2022 and closed on 1 September 2022.
Seven valid nominations were received and will contest an election for the vacant position.
The nominees are:
- Dr Tanya Bell (Representative of Youturn Limited / StandBy)
- Mr Robert Prugue (Representative of People Reaching out to People)
- Dr Sathya Rao OAM (Representative of Royal Australian and New
Zealand College of Psychiatrists)
- Mr Cedric Davies (Associate Individual Member)
- Mr Anubhav Dhingra (Associate Individual Member)
- Dr Kate Chitty (Associate Individual Member)
- Mr Nicolas Brown (Representative of Batyr)
Further details on nominated candidates are included in the Nominated Candidates Pack.
Ballot papers were issued to all organisational member representatives on 19 September 2022. If you are an organisational member and do not have access to your ballot paper please contact email@example.com.
The completed ballot paper should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon Australian Eastern Daylight Time on 21 October 2022.