Day 1 & Day 2 – The full program is presented over two half days to give you a view of the workshop from a participant’s perspective and to provide time for reflection and feedback. Delivering it over the two half days ensures we minimise virtual fatigue and provide participants the time to consolidate their learnings
- When delivered virtually the one-day program will be presented over two half days to account for virtual fatigue and ensuring participants can consolidate their learnings.
Day 3 – Each component of the Accidental Counsellor program will be explained and explored in full detail covering the key concepts that underpin, and inform the training program.
Day 4 – Each participant will have the opportunity to practice and present a section of the program to ensure they have understood the intent and delivery method of the program, as well as enabling them to gain confidence in their presentation styles. The afternoon focuses on the organising, planning, preparation, and presentation of an Accidental Counsellor workshop
What do T4T participants receive?
On successful completion, T4T participants receive a certificates of accreditation as a Suicide Programs Accidental Counsellor trainer, a full kit of resources to equip them for their training role, these include: – A Trainers Manual with comprehensive training notes, and a detailed guide of preparing for a workshops, Trainer PowerPoints with training notes, bookings spreadsheet, attendance templates, certificate templates, ice breaker cards, burn-out scale, email template, posters, flyers, and logos.
Topics covered include:
- Basic couselling skills
- How to become a good listener
- Resolving emotional situations
- Know our own triggers
- How not to take things personally
- Recognising common communication blockers
- How to handle difficult callers or conversations
- An overview on mental illness
- An awareness of self-harm and suicide
- How to take care of yourself in the face of difficult work
- Why professional boundaries are important
- The power of Mindfulness
- The key concepts behind the program
- Effective presentation styles
- How to market & deliver the program