- This event has passed.
Federal Budget Insights and Analysis – Suicide Prevention Australia member-only event
May 12 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This Suicide Prevention Australia webinar will provide our members with an overview of the Federal Budget and what it means for suicide prevention in Australia. There will be an analysis from Suicide Prevention Australia plus a panel responding to the budget and taking questions.
Free webinar for Suicide Prevention Australia members.
|3:00pm||Welcome – Nieves Murray, CEO Suicide Prevention Australia|
|3:05pm||Hon. David Coleman MP, Assistant Minister to the Prime Minister for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention|
|3:12pm||Suicide Prevention Australia Reflections and Analysis – Angela Emslie, Board Chair, Suicide Prevention Australia|
– Georgie Harman, CEO Beyond Blue
– James Bell, Group Manager, Wesley Lifeforce Suicide Prevention Services at Wesley Mission
– Rachel Green, CEO SANE
|3:40pm||Panel Discussion (Facilitated by Chris Stone, Suicide Prevention Australia)
– Emma McBride, Deputy Chair, House Standing Committee on Mental Health and Suicide Prevention, Shadow Assistant Minister for Mental Health
– Cassandra Goldie, CEO of Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS)
– Professor Patrick McGorry, Executive Director, Orygen
– Dr Hazel Dalton, Research Leader and Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health, University of Newcastle
– Ingrid Ozols AM, Lived Experience representative
|4:15pm||Closing remarks – Nieves Murray, CEO Suicide Prevention Australia|