This one-day workshop provided participants with the opportunity to build up skills in evaluation and evaluation techniques. SPA Members, Lived Experience representatives and PHN staff were able to engage and learn from each other.
- What is evaluation? An outline of the evaluation process, definitions and terminology, key steps in evaluation, and why and when do evaluation and by whom
- Insights and challenges in managing an evaluation program including data sources, how to involve those with lived experience and consumer voices, safety and appropriateness
- The use of logic models and evaluation frameworks to describe and assess a program’s key components
- Case Study - Gap Park
- A demonstration of the Suicide Prevention Hub
Learning activity - building on the learning from the morning, participants undertook a practical exercise to design an evaluation, applying the steps and processes involved.
- Mr Alan Woodward, Executive Director, Lifeline Research Foundation
- Dr Helen Jordan, Senior Lecturer, Centre for Health Policy, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, University of Melbourne.
The Presentations and Workshop notes can be found here
Questions in relation to this event should be directed to SPA Head of Policy and Member Engagement, Stephen Holland.