Gidget Foundation Australia
Gidget Foundation Australia Clinical Practice Assistant Manager
This position will be full-time and will be based at Gidget House North Sydney. Where feasible from time-to-time flexible working arrangements may be considered.
This role will initially be contracted for a 1 year period, with the option to extend thereafter, as required and feasible.
About Gidget Foundation Australia:
Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the emotional wellbeing of expectant and new parents to ensure those in need receive timely, appropriate and supportive care. Gidget House and Start Talking are two of four clinical programs implemented by GFA.
About the role:
Due to organisational growth, the Clinical Practice Assistant Manager is a new role that will provide clinical administrative and operational leadership for all Gidget House and Gidget House extension (satellite) locations (i.e. clinics), of which there are currently 21, as well as GFA’s telehealth psychological support program, Start Talking. You will be closely supported by the Clinical Practice Manager with the aim of ensuring that all clinics operate in an efficient and professional manner.
The person that we are looking for must be extremely flexible to changing situations and requirements and have a can-do attitude. You must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Whilst this role is clinically focused, it may at times involve contribution to other program areas as well as key organisation functions such as fundraising events.
Key areas of responsibility include:
· Ensuring all GFA clinical administrative processes and systems are implemented effectively and efficiently by the Clinical Administration Team.
· Line managing all clinical administrative executives (currently six) and coordination of regular clinical administrative team meetings.
· Coordinating the Clinical Administration Team’s roster to ensure a seamless delivery of a professional, efficient and welcoming reception service.
· Managing and responding to clinician enquiries in a timely manner.
· Raising clinical administration issues, escalated from members of the Clinical Administration Team, with the Clinical Practice Manager and collaborate in addressing and resolving those issues.
· Raising clinical services issues, escalated from members of the Clinical Administration Team, with the Program Clinician or Clinical Team Leader as required.
· Providing advice on how to streamline and improve processes and systems to support clinical administrative activities and, where approved, lead the implementation of any new activities under the guidance of the Clinical Practice Manager.
· Working with the Clinical Practice Manager to manage the logistics for the commencement of all new clinicians and/or the exit of existing clinicians.
· Managing client payments for appointments, when requested by clinicians, in the instance that bulk-billing is not relevant.
· Participating in regular meetings with the Programs and Clinical teams regarding clinician availability and referral numbers to enable additional recruitment and/or service promotion to be undertaken, as needed.
· Managing clinician rosters in GFA’s practice management software “Power Diary”.
· Compiling Petty Cash and General Payment records for Gidget House North Sydney on a monthly basis and coordinating all clinician invoicing for provision to the Clinical Practice Manager for approval.
· Administrative management of the Gidget Village group treatment program.
· Provide reception cover when staff are on leave and assist clinicians and clients with enquiries and appointments as required.
· Provide assistance to the Clinical Practice Manager and complete Clinical Practice Manager duties in their absence.
· Managing IT and general maintenance issues as they arise.
· Maintaining the cleanliness of the reception area and consultation rooms at Gidget House North Sydney.
· Managing all day-to-day running requirements of Gidget House North Sydney.
· Previous reception experience within a psychological, allied health, or medical practice.
· Demonstrated communications skills with an ability to engage others in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
· Ability to lead, coach and mentor staff to achieve positive change.
· Understanding of quality process and ensuring best practice.
· Ability to work well under pressure in a busy environment; prioritise tasks and ensure that critical tasks are completed in a timely manner.
· Highly efficient and organised, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision, both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to empathise with clients.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (and/or Mac equivalent programs) and willingness and ability to learn new software e.g. GFA’s practice management software “Power Diary”.
· Reliability and flexibility to respond to the needs of the organisation.
· Previous experience working in the not-for-profit sector would be an advantage, but not required.
· Previous experience in basic financial administration, including invoicing, receipting and payments.
To apply for this role, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referees will be sought upon short list completion. The successful applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions at Gidget Foundation Australia.
Gidget Foundation Australia is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Gidget Foundation Australia COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
24th April 22
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.