Gidget Foundation Australia
Supporting the emotional wellbeing of expectant and new parents
People and Culture Manager Role Description
About Gidget Foundation Australia:
Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the emotional wellbeing of expectant and new parents to ensure those in need receive timely, appropriate, and supportive care.
About the role:
The Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) People and Culture Manager will be responsible for leading a team who strive to create a productive, safe, and happy workplace for both employees and the Foundation. The role is responsible for recruitment, employment policies and procedures, assisting with performance and review requirements, overseeing payroll and recognition programs as well as managing workplace safety initiatives. The People and Culture Manager will be approachable with the ability to listen carefully and speak with sensitivity and clarity.
Key responsibilities of the role:
· Manage recruitment process inclusive of advertising, screening, interviewing, shortlisting, reference checking, selection, onboarding, and induction
· Develop role descriptions as necessary aligned to business requirements and market rates
· Manage organisational structure and future resource planning
· Ensure employment contracts and awards are reviewed and updated as needed
· Maintain a strong understanding of IR and employment law as it relates to the organisation
· Manage performance review process to ensure timelines and actions are delivered
· Manage all HR policies and procedures
· Liaise with Foundations legal representative to update policies and or legal documents as required
· Manage leave planning to ensure appropriate coverage
· Identify, coordinate and manage training and development requirements at all levels
· Career path planning for retention and future planning requirements
· Review and approve monthly payroll for employees
· Manage and coordinate team building activities and special engagement
· Design, develop and implement reward and recognition initiatives for employees, clinicians, volunteers, and all relevant stakeholders
· Management and oversight of EAP
· Drive GFA culture and wellbeing initiatives, including a buddy system, to support the Foundation’s Purpose and Values across the organisation
· Support the organisation with strategic projects such as environmental issues, pandemic challenges etc
· Identify and alert management to any risks surrounding people and culture
· Identify and implement appropriate HR services system
· Act as first point of call for employee feedback, issues and or suggested improvements
A bit about you:
To have success in the role you will be passionate about working within the mental health space, dedicated to making a difference and a resilient leader who can collaborate with others.
Demonstrated “hands on” experience developing and implementing foundational HR policy and process
HR experience with a strong understanding of HR principles, in a growing organisation
· Experience in a developing and changing business environment
· Able to manage multiple projects, tasks, and stakeholders
· Highly flexible and organised with an ability to work across multiple projects and tasks.
· Solutions & results focused
· Excellent communication skills
· Act in a confidential manner
· Empathetic with the ability to relate to employees at all levels
Experience in the not for profit health sector an advantage.
What’s in it for you:
Flexible working conditions, through a combination of working from home and working from GFA’s newly renovated office in North Sydney.
Competitive remuneration package plus NFP Salary Packaging
A role where you can utilise your human resource skills and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Part-time position, 2 days per week which can be worked flexibly over 5 days, initially contracted for one year, with the opportunity for extension thereafter.
Are you interested?
If so, please submit cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referees will be sought upon short list completion.
The suitable applicants will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions at Gidget Foundation Australia.
Gidget Foundation Australia is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Gidget Foundation Australia COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
For a full Job Description and more information please visit our website and search “Work with Us” under the “About Us” tab in the menu.
Submit your interest by: 20th November 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.