Website Wesley Mission
- full-time position
- based in Melbourne, VIC
- have a direct impact on saving lives by working with communities across Victoria
- extensive intrastate travel and some interstate travel required.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “A Spirit disciple-making movement: doing all the good we can because every life matters”.
About the program
The Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Networks program is an exciting initiative which focuses on supporting suicide prevention activities through a collaborative and strategic community approach.
About the role
Primarily, this role is a community development role and is about engaging communities and developing their capacity to prevent and address suicide through a localised approach. Through building networks of committed local people, you will have the opportunity to walk alongside communities as they develop targeted and sustainable strategies to prevent suicide.
You may have previous experience in working in rural or remote communities, community development or engagement programs, social work or public health.
- tertiary qualifications or willingness to complete qualifications in Allied Health or Suicide Prevention
- knowledge and experience of community development and participatory development practice
- experience in working with groups and group facilitation
- understanding and experience in data collection, database management and report writing skills
- experience in developing and implementing project plans
- excellent organisational skills and the capacity to work with minimal supervision
- current Driver’s Licence.
- an understanding of issues facing rural and remote communities.
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Assistance Program
- access to discounted health insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging (sacrifice up to $15,900 of your yearly income).
COB Monday 20th November 2023.
Please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. Only applications which address the essential criteria will be considered
For further information please contact:
Contact name: Linda Fielding
Phone: 0428885632 (Linda)
Previous applicants need not apply.
Recruitment process if shortlisted
- brief Zoom meeting to confirm details of the role
- in-person interview
- online aptitude testing and a behavioural questionnaire
- reference and probity checks.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Isti.Kusmandini@wesleymission.org.au.