Website Wesley Mission
- full time position (38 hours per week) based in Perth
- work with communities across Western Australia and have a direct impact on saving lives
- requires extensive intrastate travel and some interstate travel.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “A Spirit disciple-making movement: doing all the good we can because every life matters”.
About the program
The Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Networks program is an exciting initiative which focuses on supporting suicide prevention activities through a collaborative and strategic community approach. We are currently expanding this initiative nationally through additional government support.
About the role
Primarily this role is a community development role and is about engaging communities and developing their capacity to prevent and address suicide through a localised approach. Through building networks of committed local people, you will have the opportunity to walk alongside communities as they develop targeted and sustainable strategies to prevent suicide.
As Wesley LifeForce’s Western Australian Suicide Prevention Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to further develop your subject matter expertise in community development, community engagement and community-based suicide prevention initiatives.
You may have previous experience in working in rural or remote communities, community development or engagement programs, social work or public health.
- qualifications or willingness to complete qualifications in Allied Health or Suicide Prevention
- passion for suicide prevention
- knowledge and experience of community development and participatory development practice
- understanding and experience in data collection, database management and report writing skills
- experience in developing and implementing project plans
- excellent organisational skills and the capacity to work with minimal supervision
- experience in facilitating meetings
- an understanding of group processes
- current Driver’s Licence.
- qualifications in Suicidology, Mental Health, Social Work or Psychology and eligibility for membership within the regulatory body of their relevant discipline
- an understanding of issues facing rural and remote communities
- cultural awareness and sensitivity
- understanding of governance.
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted health and travel Insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging, sacrifice up to $15,900 of your yearly income.
COB Monday 4th December 2023.
Please find a copy of the Position Description here: https://www.wesleymission.org.au/careers-and-volunteering/suicide-prevention-coordinator-perth/
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information please contact:
Contact name: Isti Kusmandini
Phone: 0497868735 (Debbie, Program Manager)
Previous Applicants Need Not Apply.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Isti.Kusmandini@wesleymission.org.au.