It’s only the first week of September and already the newly-convened Program Advisory Committee (PAC) for the National Suicide Prevention Conference 2018 has held its first meeting and invited keynote speakers to bring a broad range of suicide prevention research, practice and lived experience knowledge sharing to the event.
The 2018 Conference will be held in Adelaide SA from 23-26 July 2018.
The Program Advisory Committee brings together a broad range of research, service delivery and lived experience expertise, as well as people bringing the voice of priority populations to all programmatic decisions.
A warm welcome, and our thanks, to Committe Members including:
- Prof. Myf Maple (Chair) SPA & University of New England
- Dr Phil Batterham, Australian National University
- Joe Calleja, service delivery
- Jacinta Hawgood, Senior Lecturer/Clinician, AISRAP
- Lynne James, SA Health
- Dr Vanessa Lee, Yupungathi & Meriam people, SPA & social epidemiologist, University of Sydney, gender & sexuality diversity
- Martina McGrath, Lived Experience, LGBTI
- Sally Modystach, service delivery
- Prof. Nicholas Procter, University of South Australia
- Hayley Purdon, Lived Experience
- Sue Murray, Suicide Prevention Australia CEO.
The PAC is supported by members of the SPA team led by General Manager Nikki Kelso as PAC Secretariat.
Keep up to date with conference news by signing up to receive our eNews.