Adelaide, South Australia: Suicide Prevention Australia is delighted to announce recipients of the 2018 LiFE Awards for Excellence in Suicide Prevention.
LiFE Award Judging Committee Chair and Suicide Prevention Australia Director Dr Vanessa Lee said of the awards and recipients:
“We were so impressed with the diversity and quality of nominations this year showcasing the exciting, innovative and inclusive range of programs being undertaken within the field.”
“The nominees ranged from mainstream programs to local ‘grass roots’ organisations and dedicated individuals. The Awards celebrate the commitment and energy of the nominees and their vital contribution to the wellbeing of all Australian communities.”
Many congratulations to the 2018 LiFE Award Winners:
- Leadership Award Category – Jorgen Gullestrup
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Award Category – Babana Aboriginal
- Communities Matter Award Category (Individual) – Joe Williams
- Communities Matter Award Category (Organisation) – Far North Queensland Suicide Prevention Taskforce
- Emerging Researcher Award Category – Alison Kennedy
- Media Award Category – Dannielle Williams
- Workplace Award Category – Huon Aquaculture
Thank you and well done to all nominees and winners. Your work to support more Australians to live is not only reocgnised but very much appreciated!