Today, news and current affairs journalist, Mike Munro, hosts an expert panel to debate the Australian response to the first ever World Health Organisation (WHO) World Suicide Report.
Convenor of National Coalition for Suicide Prevention and CEO of peak body, Suicide Prevention Australia, Sue Murray, says of the paper released today:
“In Australia, we see excellence in suicide prevention but mostly in isolation. From our review of progress in this country there are clear areas that need urgent attention:
- A national public health strategy for suicide prevention.
- Diversity in our approach, not a one size fits all solution.
- Timely accurate data about suicide and suicide attempts.
- Robust evidence about what works and what doesn’t.
- Amplify the voices of lived experience.
- We need this to happen as a matter of urgency.
Contact Sue Murray for interview on 0408 400 218 or email@example.com