About the PhD Scholarship
The PhD Scholarship provides funding for successful applicants to attain a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
The PhD Scholarship is a funding agreement between Suicide Prevention Australia and the applicant’s Administering Institution (a University in Australia).
The PhD Scholarship aims to support outstanding graduates who are at the early part of their research career. The Scholarship supports research relevant to all aspects of suicide prevention and to develop a capacity for original independent research within Australia.
The PhD Scholarship aims to:
- Support excellent clinical and applied research for those undertaking research in the suicide prevention field
- Advance promising early career researchers and promote enhanced opportunities for diverse career pathways
- Enable research and research training in high quality and supportive environments
- Expand Australia’s knowledge base and research capability; and
- Enhance the scale and focus of research relevant to the Suicide Prevention Research Fund priorities
Who should apply?
Applicants who wish to attain a research focussed PhD in suicide prevention.
The total Scholarship value is up to $105,000 over three to five years.
|1||PhD Scholarship application submitted to Suicide Prevention Australia (by closing date)|
|2||Applications considered by reviewers using a standardised assessment process|
|3||Selected applications considered by reviewers using a standardised assessment process|
|4||Selected applications considered by Research Advisory Committee for recommendation to Suicide Prevention Australia Board|
|5||Suicide Prevention Australia Board considers final recommendations|
3 July 2019
30 August 2019
If you have enquiries regarding the research grant program please contact Suicide Prevention Australia on +61 (2) 9262 1130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org