Compassionate Foundations- external site is an upstream capability-building training suite developed specifically for the Australian Public Service (APS). The suite supports APS staff to build their interpersonal and self-care skills to foster positive human-to-human interactions that promote connection and understanding. The six module eLearning suite will help APS staff provide early support to people before their experience leads them to become distressed and/or suicidal in the understanding that a simple act of compassion may be the life-raft a person needs to hold on to hope. The skills within Compassionate Foundations include being compassionate, being aware of trauma-informed principles and the needs of people in vulnerable situations, understanding why people may become distressed and knowing how to have a helpful and safe conversation with someone who may be showing early signs of distress.
- Module 1: Your role in suicide prevention;
- Module 2: Supporting people in vulnerable situations;
- Module 3: Compassion and connection;
- Module 4: Identifying and supporting people in early distress;
- Module 5: Understanding suicidal distress;
- Module 6: Looking after yourself.
Note: Compassionate Foundations is only available to APS staff registered with APSLearn